Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bored with Breakfast?

Impossible! With so many great ideas, whether they are for a simple, quick breakfast, or a get-together breakfast, these ideas can help you with getting the most out of the most important meal of the day!

There's a book called "Retro Breakfast" and I don't have it on my shelf? I love breakfast, and it's probably one of my favourite meals of the day, seeing as it is so veristile; breakfasts can be sweet (pancakes), savoury (eggs) or a combination of both (eggs, sausage with pancakes)! Certain beakfasts can also be unhealthy, so the question comes to mind; what is a healthy breakfast option?

A healthy breakfast option includes all food groups: grains, fruit & vegetables, milk and meat/alternatives! Opting for a breakfast that can fill you up throughout the day is important, especially if you are busy each morning/afternoon. Having a breakfast such as oatmeal with nuts and fresh fruit can help to fill you up until lunch time. Although eggs and bacon on a daily basis could do some coronary artery blockage, having eggs and bacon for breakfast once in a while can be okay, just use grapeseed oil instead of butter for the eggs, and always drain your bacon. Adding some fruit or vegetables on the side could help too! A grapefruit? Maybe some green peppers with those eggs?

The options are limitless, and if a healthy breakfast is something that you feel you cannot achieve because you are busy in the morning, try preparing some homemade granola one night, and eat it for breakfast with fresh fruit and milk for the rest of the week. A much healthier breakfast than a sugary donut at Tim Hortons, or no breakfast at all!

For more breakfast ideas, click the "breakfast" tag under this post, I will continue to update and add more recipes/ideas as I go along!

1 comment:

Tuco said...

When we lived in toronto, my wife and I used to go out for brunch a lot.. now, as vegans in a small city in central Ontario (that doesn't have any vegan-friendly diners), the whole "let's go out for brunch" thing is gone.

My wife likes making a scrambled tofu wrap thing for breakfast... I'm pretty simple though... I like beans and hashbrowns!